Welcome to Maastricht University’s buildings portfolio, managed by Facility Services. On these pages we present a selection of university buildings of special interest and historical note. See more at:
- TS53This former Jesuit monastery will always evoke memories among UM pioneers, as it was here, in September 1974, that the first 50 students began their first academic year at what was the country's eighth medical school. The official opening of the university took place later, on 9 January 1976.
- BOU1-3Since 1998, the Faculty of Law has been housed in 'Het Oud Gouvernement', a former provincial government building designed by chief government architect G.C. Bremer in 1930.
- OXF55This building is equipped to accommodate various research and instruction spaces, including laboratories, an auditorium, classrooms and offices.
- MBB4-6UM's administrative offices are housed in a former Franciscan monastery, 'Tweede Minderbroedersklooster', which dates back to 1699. When the university moved onto the premises in 1999, the monastic complex had experienced its fair share of history.